Saab 96 part wanted

1972 Saab 96 I need the steel bar that fits between the front seats and onto which the seatbelts clip, then I can refit the original Klippan seat belts. Thanks
Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Probably got one, it's in the US. If you can't find a closer source, let me know. I parted out a '72 95 and kept that part of the floor.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That would be good; it would have to come from the UK or US, as I don't imagine there would be many any closer!

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

OK, so it's a chromed metal "U" shaped piece, with a circle bent on each bottom end of it, through which a bolt passes, yes? That part? And the Klippan seat belts in question are the lobster-claw looking type, right?

Just making sure I get the right part. I'm off tomorrow and will attempt to locate it - I know exactly where it should be. Let me find it, describe the condition to you, and then we can figure out what (token) amount it's worth. Pay shipping and 5 bucks US and it's yours, something like that. I can send a paypal invoice if you do that sort of thing, it'd be easiest for me (can even take credit cards).

But first, let's find it, and go from there.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

That's it exactly. I have a PayPal account. Do you want any 99 parts?

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Man, I could _really_ use an alternator, but that's way out of proportion for a seat belt clip. Want anything else while I'm looking?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I have a couple, but a bit heavy to send! I also need the little "hook-bolt" that holds down the spare wheel. Thanks

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

And the cone shaped washer that fits in the bolt hole?

Reply to
MH

Oh... yes please!

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Cone-shaped washer?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes, a thick washer, about 5 mm, with a beveled outer edge, it fits in a wheel bolt hole. The "hook-bolt" with a wing nut goes through the washer's center hole. The washer is a slice of a cone. Saab part no 70 93 610, see page 8 33:4 of the 1972 parts book.

Reply to
MH