Saab Recall on early 9-5 lubrication problems

[...]

Regularly? My dealer is very good, but I have no money. I put my 1993 9000 to MOT once a year, but there is usually nothing wrong or the it is minor. This year I had front brake pads, that was all.

Reply to
Johannes

Right. So you and I aren't their favorite customers. When my guy sees me coming he knows it's something that requires a lift or is unpleasant.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Years and years ago when I worked at a local University; the service manager called and a departmental secretary took the phone. "Ahh you want Dr. Andersen", she replied. Ever since then, they always write "Dr A.." on my bills. It annoys me as they might think that I'm rich, but it is impossible to get it changed.

Reply to
Johannes

That gives you the perfect profile as a Saab owner though. ;-)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I got the letter too. I purchased my 2000 9-5 on 11/04 with 36K miles with a year left on original warranty. I just took it back to dealer for scheduled oil change as it just hit 39K miles. I paid an extra $2100 at purchase for an extended 5 year 100K mile warranty from my dealer. So I figure that if something like this happens I've got until

2009 or 100K miles that its their problem not mine. Am I kidding myself? I am calling dealer about this letter just the same. Like previous poster I have no records either. All I know is that my car was a previous lease vechicle. I love my Saab but geesh I am thinking I should have gotten a Jeep. Linda
Reply to
Linda