Latest threads in SAAB Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

anyone having login problems with saablink and saabcentral?
Hi, Just a curio. I'm trying to log into saablink and also saabcentral to reply to some forum posts but both sites are rejecting my logins. Anyone know if the sites are having problems? Thanks, Craig.

Wheel Width/Tyre Width
Guys ... It's that old wheel width/tyre width question again. SAAB classic 900s have 5.5" wide wheels and while the standard ratio is 195/60, some people fit 205/55s. Personally, I don't think they...
8
8

Misfire any thoughts
Hi, The car is 9000, 2.0 LPT, year 1997, 100K miles on the clock. It showed some random misfire a week or so ago. Two days later took it to the SAAB dealer who could not fix (not enough time), but...
8
8

'97 900 SE Turbo - Brake light problem
I'm hoping someone here may know how to troubleshoot this. When I started the car the other morning, the "Brake Light Failure" message came up. I immediately drove to Kragen's and bought new bulbs....
7
7

New model 9-5?
I just noticed an old AutoCar magazine on a colleague's desk from August 2006, talking about a new 9-5. The article suggested it would feature in a car show in the first half of this year and be...
2
2

Will rims from a '97 9000 fit a '00 9-3?
I need replacement rims immediately after sustaining heavy damage when I hit some scrap lumber lying in the road. I've found a set of 1997 Saab 9000 wheels locally, with tires. The price is good, but...
1
1

Wanted: 5-speed manual transmission for racing Saab 1991 c900 Aero
Hello everyone, I've been contacted by someone who races a 91 Saab c900 Aero (here in Sydney, Australia) and he needs a replacement 5-speed manual transmission but would like an uprated one if...

97 9000T temperature gauge stays low
Driving my 97 9000T today, on this 80 degree day. I'm noticing my temperature needle sitting about a quarter inch above the blue when I'm going up a hill and expect the needle to be climbing a little....

97 9000T temperature gauge stays low
Driving my 97 9000T today, on this 80 degree day. I'm noticing my temperature needle sitting about a quarter inch above the blue when I'm going up a hill and expect the needle to be climbing a little....
6
6

Anyone diagnose this?
Saab 9-5 [2.3-litre petrol] low-pressure turbo. 110,000 miles, replacement turbo at 70,000. It has started blowing off blue-ish smoke from the exhaust when changing up 2>3, 3>4 and 3>5. It's not worse...
5
5

I am rebuilding an engine for an 1986 900 T and need some suggestions
Hello all, My 3-speed auto transmission is going on my '86 900 T and it will cost an arm and a leg to fix. I have a spare engine from an '85 900 SPG with low mileage that I have decided to swap it out...
2
2

Buying a new car, well not new, need help.....
I am buying a 89 saab s9000 has about 150,000 miles on it or so. Is this good for this age of vehicle? Also.. the seller says he has issues with the car when he tries to turn the ignition switch he...
2
2

error code 420, 20009-5 wagon
I just bought a used 2000 9-5 wagon, after the first long drive we had an engine light icon show up on the dash. Diagnosis by the defaler was error message 420, what does this message mean? Thanks in...
2
2

need to know backspacing for 2000 9-3 rims...
Hi... The other night I hit was appears to be a piece of 4"x4" lumber lying on the interstate, at around 70mph. The front passenger-side rim is beyond repair, with the side of the bead having been...

Automobile Parts and Repairs
Search for automobile repairs, automobile service, or automobile parts shops in your area. Browse the user submitted feedback about each shop to make sure you are taking your car / truck to the right...