Best Rated threads in Saturn Cars Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ion sway bar bushings
I have a 2005 Ion-2 and the sway bar bushings have gone bad. Are replacements split so they can go on without taking the sway bar links off? The links are rusted and look like they will have to be cut...
2
2

Oil changes
I own an 2007 Saturn Aura XR with about 59,000 miles. I've had the car since July of last year and so far I've put on about 23,000 miles. I drive on average of about 950 miles per week. I've only had...
16
16

1996 SL INTERMITANT NO START PROBLEM- NEED HELP
My '96 SL with about 190K on the clock has been running like a champ. About a week ago, I stopped at a store and it would not turn over. it was at night, and when I turned the key it made no click or...
5
5

Saturn 2002 SL1 Gas tank capacity?
googled this topic and have found mixed answerers, some say 12 gal, or 15 or 16?
3
3

Gurgling noise in 99 SL2
My 99 SL2 makes a gurgling or sloshing noise occasionally, usually under hard acceleration or when going uphill. The noise sounds like it's coming from under the dashboard. Coolant level is normal, as...
2
2

AC refrigerant R12a vs R134
Can any of the AC experts discuss R12a refrigerant, which is claimed to be OK for ozone layer (and legal) but superior performing compared to R134. TIA
6
6

99 Sl1 fan blowing fuses? AC turns service light off? Huh?
So i've got a 99 saturn that likes to blow the 30 amp fuse for the fan .... I noticed one day that the engine light came on; the one with the wrench, I believe, not the service engine soon light. So I...

upshift lamp
hi everyone; i have a 1997 SSL 1.9L SOHC, standard tranny. approx 160000 km. could somebody please help? whare is the upshift lamp? what is its function? thanks in advance. danielr
1
1

2004 Vue Oil Change Light Reset
I just changed the oil, after 8000 miles of ownership, in my 2004 Saturn Vue. How do I reset the light? The dealer only had a 2003 Vue manual to give me, and the reset button has changed. I changed...
7
7

brake light on dash stuck on
Folks- I had a brake line break on my SL2 (due to rust), at which time the red "brake" warning light on the dash came on. The brake line is fixed now, the air has been bled out of the system and the...
10
10

1993 Saturn SL1 keeps stalling
My 1993 Saturn SL1 starts up fine when the engine is cold (like in the morning) but stalls during the day after the car has been running and the engine is hot. And then the car will not start. It...
2
2

SC2 CD-Changer questions
I bought my 1997 SC2 brand new with the factory stereo and equalizer package, but I didn't have the CD-changer installed until about a year later. Now, the CD changer is starting to have trouble...
11
11

SC2 mysterious water leak
My '02 SC2 has presented me with another little challenge. Last month, I assumed that it was using a high-pressure car wash that caused a small puddle of water to appear on the passenger rug just...
6
6

2000 Saturn SL2 engine dies often but can be restarted
My Saturn engine dies more and more often. It happened starting around one year ago when I waited for a traffic light. I had to restart it. And then, the engine dies more and more often. Usually, it...
3
3

Finally got the codes-any ideas?
Finally got around to having the codes read and below is the history. The symptoms I have been having are the sevice eng. light coming on for = = awhile during a trip. Sometimes, not each time the...
8
8

SPS spark plug wires and Bosch Platinum +4
I installed SPS performance spark plug wires and Bosch Platinum +4 plugs about 20K miles ago. Everything seems to be working fine, but I realized recently that I never checked whether or not the plugs...
10
10

Loud Running---L-300??
Why has my L-300 suddenly started running very loud? It seems to be super loud on the freeway at speeds over 60. Could it be an exhaust problem, or something? I do not think it is my tires, because I...
11
11

VUE -- how pronounced?
Just curious: is it "voo", or "vyew", or "vee-yew-eee", or what?
9
9

Vue Recalls ???
Subject VUE ASomene told me that there were suspension problems with the 2004-05 Vue's and that there was a major recall can anyonr confirm this or point me to a website TIA
3
3

L300 problems
Hello First of all sorry about the long explanation. I have a 2002 L300 with about 70,000 miles everything worked fine until last week that I got the following problems. The car still seams to work...
2
2