Cleaning plastic trim

Anyone know of stuff that can take general grime off the plastic trim with a 'rough' finish?

I have tried Cillit bang, bathroom cleaner, Mildew remover & just about anything else under our sink!!

It wont touch the grained in shit, anyone had good results with anything specific??

Ta

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Babywipes.

Reply to
Badger

I got a freebie from Armorall one of everything the dash wipes worked quite nicely on the disco's vinyl and the fabric wipes worked surprisingly well on the drip marks in the headling (sunroof x2)- otherwise propanol based cleaners are pretty good on ingrained deposits and unlike other organic solvents they wont eat your plastic

sorry I can't find the sample page on the site

Reply to
Derek

Nige:

Xylene works well on plastics. Do not use Acetone. Acetone will not only dissolve the grime but the plastic too. Good luck.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Hi Jack, where do i buy this stuff then?? I'm not gonn aget lifted as a terrorist buying it am i??

LOL!!

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

ISTR that Hammerite thinners is Xylene (it too lates, cold and wet to wander out to garage...). I wouldn't be too certain about it not attacking plastic, there are a lot of very different plastics outs there...

Personly I'd reach for a can of foam cleanser(*) with a soft cloth and an old toothbrush for the stuborn bits.

(*) For example:

?SKU=SA00371

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Cellulose paint is xylene based and celulose thinners works with hammerite too, so its possible!

I imagine that cellulose thinners would just melt plastic trim though It might clean it up if you soaked a rag in it and wiped it down.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I last used some Mr Muscle Kitchen and a dish brush. Came off a treat, but the resulting surface is a gunge magnet. Also good for computer boxes, same magnetic proviso.

Reply to
GbH

Nige:

Here in the States we can buy it at the local homecenter. Most household paint stores carry it as well. You don't need much. Typically sold by the liter.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

'Magic Eraser' it's a very dense foam sponge, use it with warm water, no detergent or anything. Get it in Homebase or likes of Makro, it's always in a bin at the end of the isle with a video playing on a monitor about the other products they make, can't for the life of me remember the name but you'll know it when you see it. try e-bay I'm sure someone there was selling it. really is magic!

Willie B There are only 10 types of people on this earth. Those that understand binaries and those that don't.

Reply to
WillieB