Noisy AC fan

All,

I've got a 96 SC2 that has developed a problem with the blower fan when running on recirculated. After a while, it starts to make a buzzing noise and seems to slow down. If I turn it off for a few minutes, it seems to work ok for a while. Am I looking at replacing my blower motor? If so, does anyone have any info on the removal / replacement procedure.

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
robxr4ti

It could be the motor, but another place is the blower speed selector switch.

Does wiggling the switch help any?

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

Didn't seem to but switching to outside air vs recirculated seemed to quiet the noise.

Reply to
robxr4ti

I once had a dried leaf get suicked into my blower and that's a mechanical sounding buzzing noise.

The blower's right under the dash on the passenger side, and comes out easy. I think it's 3 8mm bolts and you gotta unplug the wire too. I remember pulling it long ago to clean/check it, and I remember it not taking very long to get out or replace. Check that it's ok, first. I guess you can just run it on 12 car battery for a few minutes and see if it acts up?

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski