who's selling good OEM type Saturn Parts?

somethings are hard to find.
swp mirrors aren't the same as sw1 mirrors for example.
I need front seat covers, front carpet, shades, and headliner.

Been a while but other folks had recommended http://www.6thplanetusedparts.com /
You can also google for Saturn "recycled parts"

Of course you asked for OEM 'type'
I've had some good experience ordering remanufactured parts through AutoZone. For new OEM, any GM dealer has access to Saturn parts while they last. Non-cancelable, non-returnable...
Oppie 2001 lw300

On 11/22/2010 2:31 PM, Oppie wrote:

Hi,
my problem is I've got an SWP... a right hand drive sw1 and some things are 'different'...like mirrors... or the driver's (right hand) seat... a nice seat but not sold for other US models...the upholstery is a non standard color too... they were basically US engined sw1's with japanese model interiors/mirrors.
they made 450 in 1999 and a "similar number" in 2000.
I'm looking for seat covers carpets etc... and that color isn't in other US spec saturn cars.
Whats an SWP?
--

snipped-for-privacy@none.com

As I understand, it's a Station Wagon, Postal.
Basically, it's an SW, but with right-hand drive.
The Mirrors are different because the right side needs to be flat and the left side convex.
On 11/25/2010 9:20 PM, Wordsworth wrote:

and they're shorter too by about 2 inches...so the glass won't fit regardless.
From an old thread they are/were used for postal delivery. Right Hand Drive was important for that.
I wonder who was doing the service for the postal service? Perhaps they have spare inventory...

As someone with experience in the postal service, I can tell you that the usps never actually had any SWP's in their fleet. The cars were sold to "rural carriers" who provide their own vehicle for their routes.
This is true. Florence, SC was one of the areas where the SL Wagons were of use by USPS mail carriers. I just have never heard them referred to as SWP's before. You learn something new every day :-)
--

snipped-for-privacy@none.com

On 11/28/2010 4:45 PM, Oppie wrote:

nobody... they weren't sold to the USPS... they were intended for rural route carriers who use their own cars.
From an old thread they are/were used for postal delivery. Right Hand Drive was important for that.
I wonder who was doing the service for the postal service? Perhaps they have spare inventory...

From an old thread they are/were used for postal delivery. Right Hand Drive was important for that.
I wonder who was doing the service for the postal service? Perhaps they have spare inventory...

On 11/25/2010 4:58 PM, marx404 wrote:

a right hand drive sw1 made in 1999 and 2000... less than 1000 total made... us spec car with japanese interior and mirrors.
interior is a different color/pattern (my biggest problem now)
US mirrors don't fit either (so I glued my right hand mirror glass back in... I wanted to replace it with US glass so I could have wide angle mirrors on both sides)

I have had great luck with: www.saturnparts.com
bummer - no parts for LW series

I have been an LBC (Little British Car) restorer hobbyist since 1973 which was just before the catalogs for parts came out so I had to fabricate my metal parts. Today I also restore VW's besides on lone catalogs I have dozens of mail order catalogs as well as numbers in the back of magazines for parts.
Why aren't there any company's with these catalogs now for our Saturn's?
Linda