Can This Forum Make A Comeback?

I think so.....

While this place is a free for all anything goes forum...... I am finding that the recent influx of people on the 'other ' forum is showing a trend that might make this place popular all over again...

Reply to
DEEPNHOCK

The masses await your leadership. Jeffy!

Dave Miller

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

But will anybody be able to post or read? It seems like all of the ISPs are stampeding to drop Usenet, mine just joined in.

Reply to
R W Hughes

Right now it has the stage, as the other one is in the toilet again...

Reply to
bobj

I'm in, Jeff.

MB

Reply to
mbstude

OK, you tightwads..

is it WORTH $3-4 for you to get on HERE?

a ONE TIME cost, and yes there is a DAILY download limit- 50 meg total?- you provide the software to read the groups.

free.teranews.com the $ fee is a ONE TIME thing, BTW

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

I miss the good 'ol days here...cussin' and fussin'... Jeffy, you feeling especially politically incorrect?.. Shame that the archives here appear to be gone. What a TON of great info that is now lost. Lenghty discussions here about light bulbs and Ford 289's will be sabotaged.... StudebakerGeorge

Reply to
Studebaker George

Paul

Reply to
r1lark

George,

I thought the archives were gone too. However, after playing around it appears as tho they just changed the search function. I was able to make it work by hitting the "search groups" button, then clicking on the "advanced groups search" in the upper right hand corner. Besides entering in your search 'words', you will also have to set the "message dates" (I use the 'return messages posted anytime') and put "alt.autos.studebaker" in the "Group" field.

For example, I searched this way on 'Jet Thrust' and returned 450 hits.

Hope this helps. I'm kinda 'puter slow, so it took me a while to figure all this out !

Paul

Reply to
r1lark

Oops, forgot to mention this is the search function on "Google Groups"......

Paul

Reply to
r1lark

Thanks Paul! I was afraid it was all gone forever...

MB

Reply to
mbstude

Well git yo' butt back in online!

This group is for "real" men though!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Thanks about the archives, Paul...more of a pain in the ass to use but still there. StudebakerGeorge

Reply to
Studebaker George

Yeah, even after all the shit slingin' when there was a tech issue it was like all the bad was put aside (well...at least most of the times..) and the knowledge flowed... it could be funny as hell or bring tears to your eyes...

OK Jeffy, you started it... Where is my lighter... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Now, wait just a gosh darn minute. . .don't all you trouble makers from the other forum be coming in here shaking things up and just when it was getting to be very peaceful around here even with the spam.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Reply to