Cheap Avanti progress

Just to toss it some Studebaker content, I worked on the cheap Avanti again today. Power steering works now, so does that tach, alternator too. Put the stainless ignition shielding on, mounted the horns, installed the front bumper, the expansion tank, cleaned and painted a bunch of crap to go on later. Most of the pickup load of parts is on the car now. I'll do the brakes in the A.M., I needed a day off from the really dirty under car work.

Reply to
John Poulos

You are going to end up getting attached to that car John with all the male bonding you are having with it.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Reply to
John Poulos

You have a great life John

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Speaking of the tach working, I have a 76 Avanti II with a non-working tach. Is there something that happens to these that is a simple fix ? Would rather to not have to pull the dash to fix .

Reply to
blacklarkviii

Usaully the sending unit under the dash takes a dump, but bt 76 they should have gone to a one piece unit.

blacklarkviii Speaking of the tach working, I have a 76 Avanti II with a non-working tach.

Reply to
John Poulos