Cheap Avati trap.

As you recall, my first impulse was to shoot the car in the head, but it's turning into the cheap Avanti trap. I went from parting it out, to just tossing the engine in to show it runs. Then it went to hooking everything up and installing all the loose parts. Todays job was to get "driveway brakes" by just getting the rears to work. Halfway through the job I got all the documentation on the car in the mail. Turns out the car is a documented 32,400 mile car, last driven in 78, but that was after another 5 years of sitting. So might as well look at the front disks, right ? Turned they had been rebuilt some 30 years ago when parked, but were crap again. Now I'll spend a extra $100 or so on brake hardware and crap. (rusty cross over lines and the like.) "Repeat after me "There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Avanti"

JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net

My Ebay items:
R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk63 Avanti R1

62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk 53 Starlight
Reply to
John Poulos

If you get the brakes working and the engine and trans turn out to be OK, you could still have a beaterfabulous Avanti for cheap. Just don't be tempted to do anything cosmetic to it :)

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
N8N

Should have sold it to me in the beginning...'cept I wouldn't be able to enjoy it after the 'ol lady had me bumped off... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

The cylinders are also probably crap...

JT