dialing in bellhousing question

hi again,

well, it's pouring down rain today so instead of turning wrenches I'm trying to catch up with all my parts ordering... only thing really keeping me from dropping the engine back in my car is the clutch/bellhousing. I have the bellhousing dialed in and torqued down, but I don't have the dowel pins inserted. I drilled out the holes with the next smallest letter size drill but that wasn't enough to let me drive the pins in. Do I need to order a hand ream or would a 11/32" or

3/8" drill bit be close enough to make a tight fit? I have both sizes of dowel pins. This is a service block that hasn't been previously drilled.

Also any tips on grinding the bellhousing for diaphragm clutch clearance would be appreciated, but it doesn't look that difficult - just looking for any "special instructions" before I dive in.

I did order some ARP chromoly washers to go under the flywheel nuts, just for insurance. I should have some red loctite kicking around somewhere.

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel