Flanged Axles

Someone in the group needs a pair of flanged axles. Well I have a pair that I pulled from my 65 when her spiders went out and I changed back to tapered axles. Yes I pulle them from a model 27 differential but arent they the same axle as in the Dana 44s.

Anyhow I need to know what the pair is worth and I have no idea.....

Thanks.....

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

Those axles won't work for the earlier style tapered axle 44's. I didn't think it possible to change "back" to tapered from flanged on the later style rears...do you mean you changed rear ends? Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

George

All I did to change over was to swap out the spiders. I even kept the bearing preload adjuster that was used in the flanged axle differentials. It is no big deal for me because I did not swage the wheel studs so I can just slide off the drums just like as if it still had flanged axles.

So folks what are those axle shafts worth?

Reply to
Studebaker Kid