Forgot...

Also need VERY NICE grille for early Hawk; 56-61. Close to North Florida for cheep shipping or pick up. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Well, I ain't too close to Florida but I do have a decent driver quality grille.

I'd like to trade for a good workin' heater control valve for a '55 V8 sedan...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire
Reply to
Studebaker George

No big hurry as I would have to figger out whar' the grille is...

BTW, I have a '50 Champion two door stored at a friend's farm and have been torn between selling the whole carcass or parting it out. Problem now is that there's been so much rain, it's a real PIA to trek out there to get anything.

Also, didn't Nate use to rebuild those valves?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

According to the book that valve was used by many models. If it isn't totally rotten, I can rebuild it or better yet rebuild one I have here (I think I have one or two) and send it on. I would be interested in the 50 as there are three in our chapter; one that is stock (and driven a LOT) and one that we are doing a total rebuild on with some modifications, and one that is also stock but doesn't get much use. I also know where there is a 50 in pieces but missing a lot...maybe combine two and still have parts for the others... Now fer the big question..where are you located? Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I'm in Austin, Texas and the '50 is located in the (by now) mud.

Yes, it could be a donor more so than a recipient. I always felt that a rodder would end up with it. Next time I'm out there, I'll try to grab a pix or two.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

JT, I found a heater valve and put a new seal in it. Let me know if you want it, email me with address, and I will send it on. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Just to be sure, it's for a '55 sedan and it mounts on the (inside) firewall, yes?

My email is: jetassoc at netzero dot come.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Email sent. Studebaker George