headliner question

Have any of you had a headliner "successfully" installed in a C/K without pulling the windshield and back glass? Dexter

Reply to
dwcars

YES it can be done! But it may be a lost art. I had it done in my 57 silver hawk back in 1985 and it still looks great, even though the rest of the interior which was done at the same time is about gone. An old upholstery man did it for me with it with no problem. Sadly he passed away a couple of years ago and now you can't get him to do anything. NT

Reply to
nthornton

it works in a sedan, so should be more successful in a C/K...........easier in older models with inside rear-window trim moldings.........getting to the point where a lot of shops won't pull the rear window (they say the glass is old and brittle - I don't know how true that is - but know that supplying them with the new gasket and telling them you have a spare glass helps persuade them to try it)

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

I swear that installing a rear window is a tough task on both, c/k's and sedans with the wrap around glass... I'm still spittin' nails and it's been over five years since my last bout with that operation...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire