HEY John P interested in a car??

was driving by one of my customers today, a truck dealer, and he had a 4 door 57 chevy sitting under his car port on his lot.. and looked in FRONT and he has a 51 Champion convertible..

details to follow but it might be for sale.. will try to get to see him tomorrow afternoon to get more info.. .

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

oldcarfart

Is anyone else allowed to be interested?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Only the ones made from 1852-1966 interest me.

snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

ABSOLUTELY.. I didnt have time today to get the details but will post them here ASAP..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

here is what I know..

he bought this at an auction, (imo, paid too much, but didnt say what he has in it) has a lot in it-his words.

51 Champion, 2 door convertible, 'frame off' restore 5 years back, BUT, has salvage title due to going thru katrina. unknown which state or area it came from..

NO fluids in car, so did not hear it run, he is taking it somewhere to have that taken care of.,. is the V8 motor tho. 232? whatever the first year v8 was..

Chrome? its all present, but, the pot metal has some issues as do the headlight rings.. grills are all present I believe but not good on the plating. front bumper is rusty in spots underneath the chrome, has drivers mirror-broken glass, and ??someone added a mirror to passenger side, - 2 screws in the front triangle piece of chrome on front edge of vent window..??? WIDE white sidewalls. 'rusty' stains on them but not totally covering, looks like a rust drip sort of in a spot or 2 on each tire

top is new, slight damage to couple of snaps.. upholstery looked new as well.. didnt get into it to check condition of the floor rugs etc..

various paint chips and some dents in fenders due to storm damage.. has the paint code tho.. a pale cream color of sorts? with a light brown top.. the dents are... under half dollar size of the couple I seen. and the chips of paints are NOT rusty on the bare metal.. could not open trunk- a hinge with a busted rivet..so cannot tell in there..

already been offered $15k for it by someone.. as is if I understood right..

it may become a toy and he might just gut it and hot rod it with a big block, etc..

[...]

OK! OK!! OK!!!

Reply to
oldcarfart