Lark bucket seat options

Got some parts for the 63 HT seat recliners from SI, unfortunately they're out of stock on the brass piece that makes the whole mess work. Just wondering if anyone has found seats that will work in a Lark. I'd really like to drive this one and there's no telling how long it will take to find the right pieces.

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Give Jon Myer a call. He probably has it. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
Transtar60

I'll check it out. Meanwhile, I checked where I should have first - Sasco web site says they have them....

Transtar60 wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

The originals were steel. Someone reproduced those in brass. The brass ones break the teeth off real easy and your seat flops back. This happened to a friend,who almost lost control of his car. Hold out for a steel one. I have plenty of the passenger side original ones but I am out of the drivers side. R.Kapteyn snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

Reply to
rkapteyn

Pat  & Bob.... et al....

they're out of stock on the brass piece that makes the whole mess work.The originals were steel. Someone reproduced those in brass.

I have plenty of the passenger side original ones but I am out of the drivers side.

If you look at the pieces, they are the same casting... Only the actuating post is on the opposite side. For my GT Hawk buckets, I took a good passenger side and ground off the post. I then drilled and tapped the opposite side, and installed a stud. Still works fine... though I NEVER recline the seat...

Ray

--------------020205010604040909070802--

Reply to
Studeman