No time for 'doldrums'

Doldrums? I have been too busy to even think about such... Last week in the nasty cold the electricians finished up the 'tall' stuff at the shop...twenty six new state of the art fluorescent lights and no more 'spaghetti' hanging from the ceiling. Years of tenant rigs and general old age and neglect vanished... More to do but the scissors lift has gone back to the rental place and the rest can be done with small ladders. I had to move most everything in the shop at one time or another to assist them. A chapter member and his son are the two man business. Might as well spend the moolah with someone ya know, and they are doing a jam up job. I worked for five hours today on cars, trying desperately to catch up with the pile of 'needy' Studes waiting. I did take yesterday off for a long drive around the county in my Hawk. Got some pizza, went and visited some friends...it was my birthday... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

NO, Jeffy, just the transistor ballast 'small bulb' style fixtures. Spending enough $$ as it is! Many of them placed nicely over benches and shelves and in corners that haven't seen light in years.......and a few over and around the lifts. Don't want to go overboard as I still don't plan on staying forever! Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George
Reply to
Studebaker George

I know what you mean about busy.... Everything has been super compressed lately. Biz has be running (15 minute increments....sheesh).. Sold the Avanti... Other stuff in the works. Side job coming into the shop. My company got sold (New owner, new Prez, new VP, new everybody) Then, the company that bought my company bought one of our biggest competitors. Looks like things will get even busier. Now I have to build up that (stock) JTS engine I just bought, and sell it to get bucks to build a Stude drag engine... I figure the Jet Thrust engine will be worth more to a Stude guy. I can build a drag engine out of any Stude block.... Great to be busy......

Reply to
Deepnhock

Sometimes being that busy isn't so great...leaves you no time for your own stuff! Finally delivered the 53 I have been working on today and now on to more or less 'full time' on a certain Sky Hawk jigsaw puzzle...what fun... The 53 was so 'tight 'n right' that I hated to see it go..it was fun driving it around for errands and such even after the long 'shakedown cruise'. I hope the owner will have many miles and many smiles...at least it is in our chapter and I will get to see it often. Jeffy, I hear you will have a visitor this weekend...I am jealous that I can't take a drive in that rocket before it passes to the next owner but I will take out my little Daytona tomorrow and have some four speed fun...stereo up full tilt...supposed to be a real pretty day! You are probably right about the JTS engine with all the 'R mania' in the SDC today... In your travels keep your eyes out for a '24-26 open phaeton or (unobtainium) Duplex...in original or unrestored decent shape... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Yesterday was sunup to sundown fun...and work. Frost on everything when I got up. Started moving stuff in the shop, and it was nice that a lot of the stuff is moving to (or close to) it's final 'working' position. Pat and Emily came over and Pat and I started rigging the milling machine to move it. Josh and Alexander (the neighbor kid's) came over to work, and I gave them a list of honeydo stuff, and they got on that. Pat and I carefully wrestled the milling machine up with the cherry picker and moved it slowly and carefully from one end of the building to the other side (about a 45 foot move). Took an old horse stall mat (a 3/4" thick chunk of solid rubber) and cut it with the Skilsaw to make a rubber isolator pad. Set the milling machine into place.....Whew! So glad that is done.. Quick pizza lunch (man, those high school kids can eat!) and back at it. Moved the steel rack, and the steel that goes on it, and moved almost all of the power tools into the work area. Kind of chaotic, but the layout and plan is a lot closer to getting done. Sunday looks to be real busy, too...

Reply to
Deepnhock

Avanti has been picked up and is on it's way to Virginia.... Bye bye.....

Reply to
Deepnhock