OT: Gas Prices Revisited :OT

Just a quicky, what are gas prices like around the Studebaker kingdom? Here in Little 'ol Moose Jaw Saskatchewan we just had the price of a liter of gas go up by 14 cents over night (from $0.98.4 to $1.12.9) OUCH!

Reply to
Dale J.

I'm in northern Californee. 87 Octane at the gas station closest to home is $3.45 per gallon.

Dale J. wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Grohs

Northeren Iowa is still $2.89 reg. $3.15 high test and $2.55 E-85

--Dave B.

Reply to
mcavanti

In Hutchinson KS reg is $2.99 mid is $3.06 and diesel is $2.80.

Reply to
Karin Gillette

$2.89 for cheapest in NW PA.

MD

Reply to
Mark Dunning

$2.89 gallon in Illinois for 10% ethanol. About $2.96 for 'straight' gas.

Reply to
52hawk

Will the gouging stop when George Bush is out of office? Will a new president without an oil agenda make a differance? These oil companies are really taking advantage of the public. They have totally inflated the price of refining the oil but there is no consiracy or price fixing. Just wait, the next annoucement is going to be "To help the enviroment, we are going to increase the price of gasoline so we can help reduce greenhouse emissions!" When is enough, enough?

T>> Just a quicky, what are gas prices like around the Studebaker >> kingdom?

When the "experts" start saying to expect $4 gas soon, I say round up every one of them who make that prediction and mail them off to Antarctica without a coat. Once they're all gone - no more problems. Whenever the experts speak, it's like they're giving permission to raise prices. Let's silence them. We just can't take the high prices.

Reply to
zoombot

sigh....(de jour)

Reply to
Jeff Rice

That is sort of like killing the messenger. All they are doing is pointing out what is happening. The real problem is that we put two oil men in the White house.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Jeff... want to know what I pay in Columbia?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I hope you're not blaming it on Bush. Wait 'til we get the bill to compensate the oil companies for the oil facilities Chavez confiscated in Venezuela. That oil is likely to go to China now. Wait 'til Harry and Nancy cut off funding for Iraq, and the jihadists take over the entire middle east, including Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. How much will gas cost then? Will we even have any? BTW, Algore was calling for high taxes on gas, even back when he was a senator and as VP... now he's pushing global warming as the vehicle to extract more oil taxes.

Reply to
WayneC

With the price of oil being fully $10 per barrel less than it was a year ago, most of the "shortages" are a result of refinery "problems." I.E. a manufactured shortage.

What I want to know is exactly how much of last year's $100 billion profit was spent on infrastructure?

Not much apparently...

JT

(who remembers $1 per gal in 2000 for premium!)

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Nope.

Once anyone has their hands in your (or my) pockets, that it!

If there is any kind of weather related event this summer, and that possibility is pretty high with the return of La Nina), $4 per gallon will be common place... Maybe even more.

It's all about money...

JT

ads wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I feel your pain but OTOH, it is refreshing to see thoughts beyond the basic discussion of pricing.

The issue is complex but I just have to put two 'n two together regarding pricing trends since 2000 and they ain't to my liking fer shure...

JT

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Shaddup!!!

JT

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Maybe it will bring about a leadership that will have the courage to forge a truly new energy policy such as:

  1. Institute a nuclear power program such as the "cookie cutter" one that has been so successful in France.
  2. Institute a "Go to the Moon" type of alternative energy development for true electric cars (that run on that cheap/reliable nuclear produced electricity).
  3. Institute a ethanol program based on the successful Brazilian model where cheap sugar cane is used rather than expensive corn.

All it takes is a JFK type to inspire...

JT

(We could be energy independent within ten years)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

That would be terrific.... but in the meantime, any nation that turns away from oil to embrace a much more expensive energy source in the name of saving the environment is just cutting their own economic throat, begging to impoverish their population.

As an aside, isn't it interesting that leftist France embraces nuclear power, while our leftists revile it?

Reply to
WayneC

Just got back from a quick trip to Omaha. I have found that the most expensive fuel for the entire trip is right here in Fayetteville, North Carolina. We were running diesel and the cheapest was in Kentucky where we bought it fro $2.59/gal, but soon after (isn't it always the way?) for $2.55.

Joe Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab

--I remember your sorry asses bitching about it. Admit it, or you want some quotes? We weren't going to stand for it!

That hundred billion went straight to me. All you have to do is buy a $76 share of stock, and you'll get a 25 cent dividend, once a quarter. We had a

10% bonus this quarter! Twenty-seven and one-half cents for each ($76)share. Yep, I've sure got you guys over a barrel now.

I sincerely wish each and every one of you could spend one working day in a refinery. And then another with the refinery manager. I'll bet you'd fix everything!

I can't WAIT for all-ethanol to arrive, so we can all discuss what a great pal Archer Daniels Midland is to the little guy. Or all-electric, because nobody here ever complains about the cost of electricity. Used french-fry oil? McDonald's and that fat-cat Willie Nelson! Gasified coal? Peabody! Sails? Sailcloth!

Studebaker quit making cars over 40 years ago, and you are almost--Almost--done complaining about how bad they ripped you off. Take the goddamned train.

Reply to
comatus