OT - Kansas Tornado Slide Show - OT

Last night the local news had a story about a farmer living north of Greensburg who had his house sucked off the foundation by Friday nights monster twister. When he and his wife came out of the basement all their vehicles were crushed and the barn was gone.

They moved what was left down to a farm and house he rented about 10 miles down the road, and a Saturday night twister ripped the roof off, broke all the windows, and smashed the rest of his vehicles. He also lost 5 cows and 6 calfs on Saturday night.

He didn't have anything left for the Sunday tornados - he and his wife were in a shelter in Haviland by then.

Greensburg is getting 90 percent of the press, but there were 6 other small towns that were hit, and the rains flooded 4 Kansas towns and closed roads over 4 counties.

What did Kansas do to deserve this?

Reply to
zoombot

dunnno, just got off the phone with my mom.

confirmed: the house my uncle owned from 1980-1986 is G*O*N*E

and she also reminded me that my two oldest cousins graduated high school there.......

aunt and uncle are retired, and full time RV'ers now, more than likely, they will be going back when the rebuilding starts to help with the church they attended, etc.

Reply to
theoldhaneyplace