R ser custom door glass

Anybody ever installed a one piece door glass in an R ser. truck, eliminating the vent window?

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

Have you thought about putting in a one piece vent glass and eliminating the door window?

Reply to
Lark Parker

I have that done in my CE and would not recommend doing this... The vent windows are an integral part of the ventilation 'system'.. If you open the front (floor) vents, then the cool outside air goes in and out the vent windows. If you do the one piece glass deal, you have to roll down the windows to get the air out and it gets loud with the wind noise always blowing in your ear.. If you have a/c and you do this, you'll probably have the a/c on with the windows closed most of the time. Jeff

"Barry" wrote...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

See, my suggestion of putting in a one piece vent glass and eliminating the door window would probably solve that problem.

Reply to
Lark Parker

Yep! Jeff (I can't wait for the armrest question ) Rice

"Lark Parker" wrote...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice