Deepnhock Follies (ot, sort of)

Sometimes you can't get the car guy out of the house...

Wife was really struggling with the hard water stains in the master bath standup shower. It's a pita because it is all glass on 3 sides. The water marks on the inside are subtle, but stubborn. She tried everything, including razor blades. So, in a moment where I wished deafness upon myself, I took matters into Studehands... Brought in the buffer and some rubbing compound. Tried other stuff first. Baking soda...nope. Corn starch...nope. Toothpaste... Yes, it worked, but too slow... Rubbing compound.. Worked great, but what a mess! Ended up using Comet cleanser and a squirt bottle. Still made a mess. So there I was, standing in the shower...with a buffer... As I stared out of the shower at the mirror on the wall and seeing myself, all I could think of was the teapot guy on Ebay ... (Ended up finishing and then taking a shower to clean the shower, and me.) Jeff ( Buffing cars is a lot more fun...) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Muratic acid will take it right off without any scrubbing. I use it at work to wash down brick. I put some in a spray bottle and use it on rust stains at home. Be careful, its some strong stuff. Make sure you rinse it down right away

Reply to
Jeff Sheaffer

I recently detailed a 1998 chevy suburban for a friend who was desperate... it had sat by yard sprinklers during a summer season... half of the vehicle was covered with white water residue/calcium/crud stuff... I tried many things includeing CLR... nothing worked very well at all... but Lime away worked very good with no damage to the clear coat... I was amazed... it took a buffer though... and lots of elbow grease and Ibuprophen... but it worked... regards, Mike M.

63Champ
Reply to
Mike M.

Was it electric or air operated?

Reply to
Bill Glass

Mine is electric... at the present...

Mike M.

63Champ
Reply to
Mike M.

Jeff, You could wetted it down with a solution of Iron Out (watch the fumes) a couple times and of course a beer between each application and the rinsed your worries away.

Studeski Claude Chmielewski snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com

Fillmore, Wisconsin

1947 M16 Truck 1962 GT Hawk 1963 Lark 1964 Commander Wagonaire

"One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not much in fashion anymore."

Reply to
Studeski

I have installed "whole house filters" between well pump and aireator and aireator and house pump and have reduced house water issues to a minimum. Ironically Jacksonville, Florida, inside city limits, I am on well water. Clinton, South Carolina, outside city limits, unincorporated area, I am on county water, county natural gas, etc. now so much for which area is "backwards" eh?

Reply to
oldcarfart

These are all old water mark stains. I also have a new filter and softener out at the wellhead for the whole house. Thanks for the tips and ideas though peepulz! Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff, getting buff in the shower...hell, it's only kinky the first time.

Or was it Colonel Mustard, in the garden with the umbrella stand?

First "12-inch Turner," now this. Thanks for the visual, Jeff. If the feds figure out that Matthew's under 18, they'll shut this whole site down.

Reply to
comatus

Now use a good wax (Zymol as per OCF) on the shower and door -

but not on the floor ,unless you like slipping and falling.

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

Did you try white vinegar?

Reply to