wiper motor indentification

Is there a way to determine if a wiper motor is 6v or 12v on a CK car. Working on a 54 model that was partially converted years ago, I'm gonna assume its a 6v but need to make sure. Thanks Russ

Reply to
rustynutgarage

If there's anything left of the original sticker, a 6V one would have a red sticker and a 12V one would have a blue one. Also I think most 12V motors were marked "12V" while a 6V one may well have been unmarked as it was the standard when they were produced.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Seems to me one should be able to tell by the resistance in the windings.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter