Wiper motor questions

I picked up a 12v, four spade, wiper motor that I would like to put into my 12v '65. Whats the easiest way to bench test it, to make sure it works first of all? Will the motor bolt right into the assembly? I want to replace the original switch for a 2 speed switch. A '67 switch should work. What would be the best way to hook it up with my existing 6v wiring, so I can have 2 speeds?

Reply to
Eddie

This page of my web site:

for the article on the 2-spd, dash-mounted switch wiper. This dwg shows the original wiper-to-switch wiring for 2-spd motors:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim So it looks like all I have to do is take the fused 54 connection and connect it to 31 on the '67 switch. Now I just have to buy a '67 switch.

Eddie

-1965 Sedan

Speedy Jim wrote:

Reply to
Eddie

No. Fused live feed goes to #30 on the switch.

#31 on the switch is chassis ground. #31 is actually grounded via the threaded mounting shaft on the switch.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Oh Ok, I see where my mistake is. #30 is not listed on the schematic I was going by:

I seen it on yours,
I was doing my drawing, I used the first one.Fixed:
Thanks

Eddie

Speedy Jim wrote:

Reply to
Eddie

Definitely worth overhauling, not hard at all. Its also where I find these Digital Cameras handy. Instead of pages of paper with circuits, mud maps of how bits fit. John

Reply to
John