05 Forester: How to repair front floor-mat anchor?

My 05 Forester XT came with Subaru floormats. The driver's mat has one dome fastener and a plastic hook to hold it in place. Unfortunately, the plastic hook has ripped out of the main carpet. Is there some way I can re-attach it? The mat keeps riding forward under the pedals.

Thanks! =aw andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

If I recall correctly, there is a technical service bulletin with a repair kit for this.

TSB #127803 -- FLOOR MAT HOOK REPAIR. *TT (NHTSA ID #10001351, MARCH 21

2003)

This is one I found. This can be a safety hazard and Subaru has a repair kit, so you may be able to get it for free.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

Make: SUBARU Model: FORESTER Year: 2005

Service Bulletin Number: 128705 NHTSA Item Number: 10016129 Summary Description: FLOOR MAT CARPET HOOK SEPARATED FROM ITS RETAINING RING OR WILL NOT STAY SEATED. *TT

This is the one for the 2005 Forester.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom