2000 OBW muffler advice .. dealer or someone else?

hi gang-

my 2000 outback wagon had the muffler and tailpipe split this afternoon, right where the pipe meets the front of the muffler ( back muffler) so there's no room for a repair. i have to get this done sometime soon and i think it should have lasted well over 63, 000 miles, but that's another story.

what should i expect as far as a repair and cost on this? i already have an apppt with my dealer this friday, so i can have him do it, or i can go to george foreman's ( meineke) or a local guy i know . i imagine i'll need the full pipe on the bottom, but any ideas are more than welcome.

thanks so much all. i love this newsgroup.

morris

Reply to
morris

I usually go to specialty muffler shops for exhaust work. I tend to get more reasonable pricing that way. The place I currently go to is a mom and pop shop here in town.

Reply to
Henry Paul

Yeah - go for a local guy you trust if you can. Price should be better. Sometimes if they know you and your driving you end up with something that works a bit better for you than the stock system

Reply to
hippo