AC Belt

As I mentioned earlier, I brought my 91 Subaru Legacy back to Texas after 14 years with my mom in the great frozen north. She put 6K on it in 14 years and I put 6K on it since the end of June. I took it in for the 100K service a couple of weeks ago. The shop changed the timing belt. It only had

40K on it but it was 16 years old. They also had to change the AC idler pulley. Today I had no AC on the way home from work. Took a quick look under the hood and saw the belt was shredded. Took it right back to the shop and showed them. How does a brand new belt fail? I'll tell you. They didn't change the belt. I found that a lttle curious. All up in there changing the timing belt and the idler pulley but leaving an old belt on. They agreed to replace the belt at no charge which they did. However, the AC still doesn't work. The shredded belt broke the wire going to the AC compressor clutch. It took it off so close to the clutch I can't get to it. Looks like I'll have to pull off the clutch and see if I can get in there and re-attach the wire. Going to be a hot ride to work for a few days.
Reply to
Rick