Audio options for Subaru Outback 2002 ?

I would like to upgrade the factory radio, CD player and speakers. I'd like to have the cassette and weather-band radio, so am considering keeping the factory radio, and replacing the CD player with Subaru factory in-dash 6-CD changer, and upgrading the speakers only. I do not want to use a separate amp or subwoofer.

Questions:

  1. What is the power output of the factory radio (the model says "120" on the front).
  2. What speakers (front & rear) would you recommend? (I checked Crutchfield).
  3. Is it worth installing either of the Subaru "tweeter" set or the upgraded speaker set (standard Subaru accessories), or is it better to use after-market speakers?
  4. If I went with a new head unit, which make/model has a good cassette & CD changer control, ideally with MP3/WMA capability? Eclipse, Alpine, Kenwood, other?

Thanks for suggestions, please post here.