Check engine: PO443D on LEGACY 1997- 2.2 L

I own a LEGACY 1997 2.2l engine. I have a check engine code PO443D: Evap system purge control valve or circuit malfunction. I wonder if somebody have an idea of what to check ? THANK YOU!

Reply to
frankylac

This indicates a problem with the evaporative emission system. The purge valve is used to control when the stored vapors in the charcoal canister are pulled into the engine to be burned. There may be something wrong with the valve itself (sticking, burned out), the wiring for it, or one of the vacuum hoses connected to it.

Reply to
mulder