Hubcap projectiles

I just lost a hubcap for the 3rd time on my 97 Impreza. They are the twist-lock deals. Anyone have some good suggestions for keeping these buggers on? I'm thinking of trying a little bit of silicone.

Thanks,

Jason

Reply to
Jason Mc New

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:37:54 GMT, "Jason Mc New" scribbled:

Cable ties.

Reply to
Fuel

Must be designed in.

I need 2 for my '99 Impreza OBS

Lost 'em both on 1 trip up I5

Any good ( cheap ) source?

Claude

Reply to
claudel

I'm curious was it the same wheel each time? Was it front wheels in all three instances?

Reply to
John Opezdol

Mine lost passenger front and driver rear.

Claude

Reply to
claudel

Damn I hate those things. One flew off the car in front of me, wacked the car to the left, bounced back in front of me, and I ran over it. Scuffed up my front lip and bent the license plate. Those things should be illegal.

Reply to
kay

In about 1976, I was riding my motorcycle on the freeway near Santa Barbara (with a passenger) when a hubcap fell off a car nearby and rolled alongside me for what seemed like an eternity. It then veered and hit a guardrail and came back at me before going off the road. This all was bad enough, but I was coming home from a Jefferson Starship concert where I had dropped acid several hours earlier. God watches over fools and drunks and I was both.....

Reply to
null_pointer