New 05 Forester

Does anyone have any news on the 2005 Forester. What is new or different from 04. Trying to decide on waiting on a 2005 or getting a decent deal on a

2004. If not to much is changing will go with the 2004.
Reply to
Dennis Maher

...and when are they bringing the STI to the US?

Reply to
BSackamano

Ummm, about 14 months ago?

Reply to
CompUser

I think he means the Forester STI, that was announced in Japan recently.

Reply to
Klaus Sturm

It seems that most models make significant changes every 3-4 years. Our dealer told us that 2004 was the upgrade year for the Forester and that the

2005 model will be very similar to the 2004.
Reply to
tenplay

The Forester was new in '04, so the '05 should be mostly the same. The dealers have seen them, so ask there.

Reply to
Alan

Wasn't it 2003 when the Forester was "all new"? Which is marketing-speak for "significant evolution."

I classify Foresters by the taillights. Three generations?

Alan wrote:

Reply to
BBB

2005 Forester has:
  1. New Air filter system
  2. Engine Immobilizer
  3. 8 way power driver seat
  4. New colors

Everything else stays the same. I have heard that dyno test on the XT model produces 250hp instead of the usual spec of 210hp. Turbo kicks in at 2500+/- rpm.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Cecil

Likely depends on where you live. The current incarnation of the Forester hit US shores for the first time as part of the 2004 model line-up. I've heard rumors that other locations got this design as part of their 2003 model line-up.

- Greg Reed

Reply to
Ignignokt

Maryland!

2003 XS Premium, bought in December 2003. Triangular taillights.

Ignignokt wrote:

Reply to
BBB

Make that December 2002.