Odd sound at full throttle?

Hello all, I just bought a 05 WRX. And I just noticed that when I give it full throttle, there is a wooshing sound. Like air is being sucked in our leaking out. I was just wondering if this is normal... there is an aftermarket blow off valve on it and I think maybe is not adjusted right or maybe there is a leak somewhere. Thanx for the help!

Reply to
chariot124

You sure it's not just normal induction noise? Sucking in 100 litres/second makes quite a bit of noise... Perhaps look for a leak in your air filter or ducting...

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Best to get rid of that blowoff valve and put a stock bypass valve on. The aftermarket BOV's tend to leak and can make the car run worse, especially if they are the vent-to-atmosphere type.

Reply to
mulder