Remote on Baja weaaaaaaaaak

Hi, My 2003 Baja is a great car..The only thing I would change is the remote to unlock/lock the doors..It is very weak and has a very short range...Is it possible to buy an after market on and have it programed to my car... Marc

Reply to
User705459

Tony Hwang

I think they did it deliberately for safety purposes (someone can steal signal). My '98 Forester's would reach maybe 100 yds. but my '03 only goes about 10. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

I've also noticed that I have a very short range in some parts of town but a longer range in others, almost like there is some kind of interference.

There's one store I go to...when I come out, I have to get right next to my Forester's door before I can unlock it.

Reply to
Bart