Sealing the Oil Separator Plate....Impreza 2.2 questions

I know the trans needs pulling, but is sealing up the oil separator plate in a 97 2.2 Impreza Automatic a big deal? The oil smells a little as it hits the exhaust, but as long as I keep oil in the engine, is it really a big deal? Any thoughts? What does my future look like if I just live with it?...Regards, Jim

Reply to
Jim Lofgren