This week at the dealership...

A wrx with 30k. Almost could move under its own power, had a rattle from the clutch area. Trans removal found the clutch was 50% gone.. not the friction material, the clutch. There is the center plate and springs, but only a few thin pieces of metal left that held the friction material. The tech noted it stiff to shift into first, and opened the trans and found something wrong with the first gear set. (do you think shifting without a clutch has anything to do with it?) Anyway, Subaru of America is buying the new transmission, $4000.00, and the customer pays the labor and clutch assembly.

Today was a ABS problem, Sensor knocked off by use of chains. We don't have to pay for that one..

Reply to
StephenW

**I find that "This Week at the Dealership" is far more entertaining than your regular soap opera. :)

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

Seconded. Keep em comin Steve.

Reply to
Todd H.

A outback XT wagon, it for its 30K, Customer wants plugs to correct the skip in the engine. Hmmm, Skip in the engine. In the rear of the car is a "tuner program" kit. The kind you can plug into the OBD port and mess with things a tech woulden't mess with. We think the wastegate is acting up, but how are we to know? what has been adjusted in order to increase performance of this fine auto. The tech drove it, and when it shifts it not a pretty thing. Manifold pressure was in the 30's. Its been noted in the records, that if we see this auto again with a hole in the piston, that warrenty will not cover it.

Reply to
StephenW

Hmmm, Model year?

Reply to