Latest threads in Subaru Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Map Update
Subaru notified me that new maps were available for my 2018 OB. After fighting with their pathetic download/burn software (I mean, who has ever heard of software that cannot be used if the computer...
7
7

Front Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) question
I have a 2016 full-featured Subaru Outback 3.6L - bought it new. Love it except for this one area. I have never been convinced the car has the subject feature - even with its so-called 'Eyesight'. In...
16
16

First Car Wash Questions, Please ?
Hello, Have a new 2019 Outback L About time for a car wash. Sure don't want any problems. To do it "safely," is all I have to do is to: Disable EyeSight (the button by your left knee, under the dash...
5
5

Toyota and Subaru May Be At It Again

Dripping Oil Can Warning Icon: What's Most likely Cause, Please ?
Hello, My son has a 3 year old Outback. The basic model with the 4 cyl engine. Occasionally, the icon of an oil can, dripping, comes on. But not constant or all the time. Last oil change was 5,000...
1
1

Tom-Tom display To Show Houses and/or House Numbers: Possible ?
Hi, Have a new Outback, 2019, the Limited ed. Love the Tom-Tom navigation system on it. Question: Is there any way to have the Tom Tom gps display show: a. Houses ? (houses on a street view) b. Or at...
2
2

Aspects of boxer engine design
I wonder if boxer engines are easier to work with for technicians or harder. I mean accessibility of parts technicians have to service regularly. I sure would like to see car designers to take that...
11
11

Air conditioner high pressure tube leak
Air conditioning season is not off to a good start this year. The high pressure line that is routed under the battery developed a pinhole leak. The tube showed signs of corrosion, probably caused by...
4
4

Subaru service
Does Subaru also stress the importance of using its own brand of coolant and other fluids, including oil filter, as Honda does? I am soon switching from Honda to Subaru.
21
21

New 2020 Outback reveal this am
2
2

Legacy tires for driving on ice
Can you use giant saw blades instead of tires/wheels on your car? And will they go through the frozen lake :D Don't try this at home! Part 2 is now out! There is gravel tests and running over some...

Another Subaru Recall
To quote the article online a CR: "The recall will include certain models among 2008 to 2016 Impreza cars, and 2013 to 2017 Crosstrek and 2014 to 2016 Forester SUVs." Apparently applying...
2
2

Gas Gauge Recall
It looks like the software fix for the estimated mileage bug (Subaru Recall WTW-82, NHTSA ID 18V-773) has finally dropped. Got my letter today telling me to book a repair slot this afternoon....
1
1

Crosstrek
I've just discovered that the Crosstrek model is called XV in Europe. Anybody knows what that XV signifies besides being the Roman number 15? There is a good chance I am going to buy an XV after I...
2
2

Impreza Glove Compartment Light
After having a the radio replaced on our '09 Impreza, I noticed that I have a light on in the glove box that I never noticed before. Not only that, I can't find a switch to shut it off, so it's on all...
11
11