# 1 motor oil choice

for the concerned motor oil users.

havoline gets my vote.

m h o =A0v =83e

Reply to
fiveiron

My choice is Wal-Mart generic full synthetic. Great stuff. Cheap, too.

Reply to
« Paul »

Based on????

Reply to
John S.

"John S." wrote

He done seen "Havoline" on the side of a roundy-round Nascar racy-type car, and whut's good enuff for them good 'ol boys iz good enuff fer him. Yeehaw!

Reply to
MasterBlaster

havoline gets my vote.

m h o v fe

Out of curiosity, how did you come to this decision?

I have used Havoline and like it well enough.

I used to use Quaker State, but found that it had begun to cause deposits and varnish as badly as Pennzoil. (Fancy that!)

I switched to Castrol and so far have no varnish complaints.

I haven't seen any real data on any of them.

Reply to
<HLS

How much does it cost? There are no walmarts near me, but if the price is right, I will drive out to find one.

-------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

For all the cars I have bought used, I used whatever brand name oil was on sale. That works well for me. For my one and only new car, I have been using Mobil 1.

--------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

havoline gets my vote.

glad you asked. you have to trust someone, and having grown up across the road from gulf and texaco refineries - you learn to trust the man that wears the star.:--)

present day havoline motor oil 10w30 displays the servicio api sm, sl ilsac gf-4 designation on the label.

I haven't knowingly ever had any trouble with any oil that I have ever used, I attribute this factor to the use of quality oils / filters that were used - as directed.

"happy motoring"

m h o =A0v =83e

Reply to
fiveiron