2000 Dodge Neon Key Ignition installation??????

I went to start my car today, and my key wouldn't turn. It was like if it was the wrong key, but it wasn't. So, I think I need a new Key Ignition? How easy is one to install. The dealership wants $80 to $100 (of course they don't know how much to charge me ) just for the labor. The Ignition and new key is $115, and I rather not pay more then that. Any help on installation would be greatly helpfull.

Thanks

Chad

Reply to
Chad

"Chad" wrote

Potential FREE fix:

Have you tried wiggling the steering wheel back and forth while turning the key?

When the engine is shut off, the power steering pump stops helping, and the steering/suspension will try to "center" itself a bit, based on the current wheel angle, and the tilt of the road. If there's enough tilt, or the wheels are turned to one side, sometimes there's enough force applied back up through the steering column to jam the lock so it won't turn.

Reply to
MasterBlaster