90 Eagle wont crank

Hi; I have a 90 Eagle Talon that wont crank. When you turn the key to start, you can here the relay click but it wont turn over. I removed the clutch safety and it is OK. I also removed the starter relay. If I jump the starter relay with a jumper wire, it will start up and run fine. Is there any other fuses or relays to check other than the starter relay near the fuse box?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
komobu

From what you are saying you have a bad starter relay. When you jump the relay it starts ok indicating the starter relay is bad. Most of the relays on that car should be the same, see if you can find another relay with the same numbers on top and swap them.

Reply to
Mike

If it has the fender solenoid/relay, those are notorious for getting dirty connections and acting like you describe. Jump it and it goes.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Hi;
Reply to
Mike Romain