check engine light...

97 Mazda 626 with 59,500 miles. Does the check engine light come on to indicate the 60,000 mile check? Timing belt etc..... thanks tom
Reply to
jimmineecricket

If it was, your owner`s manual would say so. Usually check engines light refer to a problem detected by the ecu. In which case, have the ecu scanned to pull out the defect codes. A scheduled service (kilometers interval) would normally light up a `Service engine soon, light, should your vehicule have one.

DAniel

Reply to
Daniel

No, at least on a 96 or later, Check Engine or Service Engine Soon is always a malfunction indicator.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Right, the service engine soon warning refers to a problem. I meant to say my 2002 Odyssey has a light triggered by the odometer distance travelled, but the light name is `Maintenance required' not `Servive engine soon`

Reply to
Daniel