Identify automobile by minor part numbers?

Hi all,

My car was sidswiped last night about 04:30. Hit-and-run. I've done the police report but I've also collected some pieces of the headlight and turnsignal lens and reflector assembly that has what looks like an entire part or molding number. I also have pieces of the headlight with a partial number. Is there a publicly accessable database anywhere on the net where I could match up these numbers to car madel that used these parts? The nature of the location and the damage leans towards a local vehicle rather than someone passing through so I'll be driving the alleys, but it would be nice to narrow things down a bit before I point anything out to the police.

Thanks for any pointers.

rloef

Try doing a Google search for the part numbers with the word DEALER or PART NUMBER in your search. You might get lucky. Even putting part numbers in an Ebay search can get results like that sometimes.

Good luck, - JJ

Reply to
Keep YerSpam

This points out how important it is to get a vehicle off the street, especially at night. Everything will get hit eventually. It's an interesting project you have, but probably not financially renumerative. It was probably a drunk. If it were somebody going to work you might spot them some other night at the same time. Is it worth the time? What would Columbo do? I'd love to hear that you found the car. Good luck.

Reply to
Al Bundy