Manual Transmission Problem 93 Nissan 300ZX

I get a low but noticeable transmission noise when I release the clutch.

1) Does it necessarily mean something serious? Or is there something simple that would cause this noise.

2) How serious is the problem. Is it something that if I take it to the dealer he can diagnose with the internal computer?

3) What is causing the problem, and is there any way to fix it short of a getting a new manual transmission ($$$).

4) Is there anything I can do to delay a bigger problem besides changing the fluid?

5) Is there anyway to predict when the transmission will fail? Will it get worse before it fails?

I'm not sure how to proceed here? My gut says that replacing the transmission at this point is like doing a heart transplant for a high cholesterol diagnosis. Any info is appreciated?

Thanks John

Reply to
John Smith

Could the the throw out bearing.

Hard to dianose a problem over the net with so little detail.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez