used tires

They heard you was a-comin'?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

The only bicycle tubes I could find around for the particular size rim/tires I have were SLIME brand tubes.

At least if I had put a hole in the tube while putting it on the rim, I wouln't have had to take it off and go hunting for another! :)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

that's a common size, tried your local craigslist?

nate

Reply to
N8N

Where the hell do you drive, that you get that many flats? Even as a kid working and parking on construction sites, I seldom picked up more than

1-2 nails a year. I can't remember the last time I had an outright flat tire that I had to change, and the roads around here are horrible, with lots of potholes. I've had a few leak down (usual aluminum wheel bead seal problem), but I always noticed early enough to slowly drive to tire place and have it knocked down. Of course, I don't buy crap tires any more, either.

Most tire shops, if they know you used that fix-a-flat stuff, won't want to work on the tire. Propellant isn't flammable any more, but they don't know that, and it gets their tools all gunked up.

Reply to
aemeijers

I drive my 1983 Dodge van.My 1978 Dodge van sits in my carport, that is the van (1978 Dodge van) which has a problem with the used tire (left front wheel) which leaks down.I have no doubt the used tire is good, I did tell the people at the used tires place to please check the wheel rim and the tire stem to see if there are any leaks there.

My 1978 Dodge van also has another water leak.I believe the timing chain cover is leaking somewhere on the top right edge of the cover, next to the cylinder head, 318 cubic inches V8 engine.Part of the timing chain cover shares part of the water cooling gallery.When Springtime rolls around, I will remove the timing chain cover and see if I can find a better timing chain cover at one of the local auto junk yards around here.

I have liability auto insurance (Progressive insurance company) on my

1983 Dodge van.When I get my 1978 Dodge van running, in good condition, I will switch my liability auto insurance from my 1983 Dodge van to my 1978 Dodge van and drive that van for six months and then back to my 1983 Dodge van.I think I will also check the local auto junk yards for a good wheel and tire which is holding good air pressure and buy that for my 1978 Dodge van.

I don't like to be working outside in cold weather if I don't have to.I reckon I have turned into a softy in my old age. cuhulin, the softy

Reply to
cuhulin

I have heard that Ferrari would supply a can of Fix a Flat in lieu of a spare tire. I don't know if this is true but heck, they should sell Ferrari branded Fix a Flat. My guess is they could get $50 a can. Perhaps all the auto makers should do this. Changing a tire by the side of the road is dangerous!

Reply to
dsi1

Tire/wheel companies are developing solid rubber tires which are mounted on springy spokes wheels.No more flat tires.Someday, most, or all cars will come from the car factories with those tires/wheels mounted on them. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

| solid rubber tires which are mounted | on springy spokes wheels.

Popular Science in '09 reported that Michelin's are noisy @ high speed, until then pneumatic tyres' interior should have a film of PTFE

to stop leakage of air / nitrogen ( costs time & money to get ) so rolling resistance can stay low, & grip stays high, will reduce CO2 too. I hope your DoT will demand this.

Reply to
TE Cheah