Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Nuclear batteries.
I don't think wants their decomissioned nuclear power Ship/Submarine plants to be used for any other purposes.I wasn't in the Navy, so what do I know? GO ARMY, GO NAVY, GO AIR FORCE, GO MARINES, GO...
67
67

U.S.seeks 16.4 million fine against Toyota
fed govt, Always got their mitts in everybodys pockets! cuhulin
18
18

Problems after replacing master cylinder
Hi, I have a lexus es300 with 128K miles. I had taken my car to the mechanic as I felt the brakes needed work. I had to press the brake pedal all the way down to stop the car. The mechanic suggested...
41
41

Car starting has become erratic -- 2004 nissan sentra
Lately, sometimes it starts right up, but about half the time I find myself giving the gas pedal a couple pumps to make the engine turn over. those times, even though i haven't done anything...
5
5

Almost lost a socket
I need something strong to retrieve a wrench socket from a deep spark plug port. There's a rubber ring inside to keep out dust, and it pulls the socket right off the extension bar when you try to...
28
28

Pressure Washing.
I bought a 1600 PSI electric powered pressure washer to clean the outside of my house before I start painting my house. Is it a good idea to use such a pressure washer for cleaning my old vans? I sort...
14
14

Trans flush... placebo or worthwhile?
I just had a service done on my company car and I went ahead and paid out of pocket to have the trans flushed, because its use definitely qualifies as "severe service." I swear that shift quality has...
25
25

Where is a/c low pressure switch on 95 Mercury Cougar V8 4.6L?
I (hopefully) need to charge the a/c, can't get compressor to run. Can someone tell me the location of the a/c low pressure switch so that I can momentarily bypass it and see if compressor runs?
3
3

Re: 2000 malibu 3.1 engine shuts off while driving, after stopping the car and turning key off, it starts and runs fine for awhile, then shuts off again
Probably a bad ECU intermittently getting confused. Had similar but not so often symptoms on a 2.8 Celebrity. My mech had it for almost a week at his shop where they used it as their utility car with...
2
2

valve stem caps for GM TPMS?
OK, so this is a dumb minor thing, but I've got an '08 Impala which came from the factory with a true TPMS, with sensors built into the wheels (apparently integrated with the valve stems.) The caps...
3
3

U.S. releases final rule for increasing vehicle fuel efficiency
U.S. releases final rule for increasing vehicle fuel efficiency Bloomberg News April 1, 2010 - 12:32 pm ET UPDATED: 4/1/10 1:25 p.m. ET WASHINGTON (Bloomberg News) -- The Obama administration released...

Hot Nano....
bob

Mustang Dream Giveaway
Good. cuhulin
1
1

Re: Honda cars less dependable than Toyotas?
My 280Z was a 1975 also, a very early 1975. It was recalled once for a fuel injection problem. I had to modify the car to kill off the "feature" that prevented the engine from dropping back towards...
4
4

driving with a bad lifter?
'99 Cavalier 2.2L. Per an earlier post, I have what seems to be a bad lifter. It hasn't responded to my theraputic efforts. We've decided not to repair this, given the general condition of the car and...
14
14