2006 RAV4 v6

Just bought this car last week and going thru the owners manual and there is no mention of replacing timing belt. There is no reference to timing belt any where in the manual. Could this mean that I don't have to worry about changing the belt at 60 or 90 thousand mile intervals? Did Toyota go back to using chain or better yet - gears? What about other new Toyotas?

Reply to
Dennis Leong

I know that the V6 uses a chain. I "think" the I4 does as well.

rj

Reply to
Ron Jones

Toyota's web site lists the 2001-2005 4 cylinder as having a chain. Presumably, the 2006 also has a chain, especially since there is no replacement interval.

Reply to
Ray O

I believe it's a timing chain also, just bought one and asked about that.

--Ben

Reply to
Ben Phlat

2GR-FE engine with variable valve timing. Chain driven.

-- Mike Harris Austin, TX

Reply to
Mike Harris

Reply to
Dennis Leong

The V8's in the Land Cruiser, Sequoia, and Tundra use a timing belt. There is no connection between variable valve timing and whether the camshaft is timed with a belt or chain.

Reply to
Ray O