2006 Sienna battery

I went on vacation for a week, my 2006 sienna's battery was totally out of power when I came back. It was not a big deal to jump start it, but it was kind of disappointing for the new vehicle running out of power within only a week.

Reply to
Yaowu Xu

That is not normal. You either left a light on/door ajar (etc.) or have some undetected current drain. I have left my 97 Corolla out in Midwest winter conditions, for 4-weeks at a time (while on vacation) and have had no problems with starting it upon my return.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

If you are going to park a vehicle for more than a few days, you should turn the automatic headlights to the off position. Also, some aftermarket security and remote start systems draw quite a bit of power.

Reply to
Ray O