2007 RAV4: Programming the Door Locks

Just leased a new 2007 RAV4 three days ago, and loving the vehicle! However, I read in the owners manual (what? he read the manual?!) that the door locks can be programmed to open all doors simultaneously with a single press of the key button as opposed to requiring 2 presses. It may seem trivial, but I am a photocopier service technician and I need to get armfuls of tools, parts and a laptop computer in and out of the car many times a day, so I would prefer to open all doors at once, instead of the 2- stage factory default method.

Does anyone in the group know the steps required to reprogram the locks? I am assuming it's a combination of ignition switch on/off and holding down some buttons on the dash... Or do I need the dealership to hook up a computer to this thing?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

-- Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Hawker

It is a function that can be customized. The default is "on" and it can be changed to "off" by the dealer. I believe that they can also change the mode that the doors unlock when you come to a stop, either placing the vehicle in park or removal of the ignition key all doors will unlock, ask them to be sure if you are interested.

Reply to
user

"Ph@Boy" wrote in news:rIqdnU3Hg6w0xOLbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@trueband.net:

That's interesting! I didn't know about those options either. I'll check with the dealer on that.

Thanks.

-- Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Hawker

I believe that the system needs to be plugged into the dealer's computer to re-program.

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in news:59b57$46886717$47c2b532$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

Thanks. Yeah had it done last weekend. The dealer did have to hook up the computer & reprogram. Cost $30, but at least it does what I want it to now.

Reply to
Bruce Hawker

You're welcome!

Reply to