Aux jack and 12 volt power jack on 2006 Rav4

Greetings All!

Was wondering if anyone in the group was able to use these jacks at the same time on their vehicle without getting lots of background "hiss" in the playback.

Trying to power my portable XM receiver with any 12 volt jack while using the aux jack for output through the factory speakers produces a very noticeable "hiss" or "whine" that rises and falls in direct relation to the rise and fall of the engine RPM.

No problem at all if I use the XM receiver on battery or use the FM transmitter for output.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

-Barry

Reply to
barkkkusNS

Hmmm... I would try grounding it. This could be risky...I have a spare Roady2 if you ground it wrong!

In all honesty, you want to ground the 'case' of the XM radio to the car head unit.

Since the case is plastic, this will be tough.

Look on the adapter and see if the outside connection of the power connector is groun (or '-'). It should be. You couls run a wire from where to the radio.

I have a spare Roady2 if I'm wrong...

Mine has a built-in transmitter...I just use that.

Reply to
Hachiroku