Avalon 2007

Any Avalon 2007 owners here?

Experiences?

Cheers,

DSH

Reply to
D. Spencer Hines

Great car. No problems. Owned a 2005 model before this one. I never get to drive it. It's my wife's.

Reply to
user

Yep.

We've only had ours for about four months and have just 770 miles on it.

So I need to run more tests above 60 MPH.

Which trim level did you buy?

Any problems with the 2005 model?

DSH

Reply to
D. Spencer Hines

We bought a XLS (again), and no problems with the 05 model.

Reply to
user

2007 Limited, 6000 miles, no problems, 30-31 mpg on trips (900-1200 mile trips mostly Interstate). I use premium gasoline and seem to get an extra 2 mpg over regular, but no hard evidence other than trying a couple of tankfuls of regular. In town I get 19-21 mpg. Could probably get better, but I like the feel of acceleration. :-)

Dislikes: no bluetooth and no mp3. Likes: A WHOLE BUNCH!

I had Blue Connect bluetooth installed at a dealer in Georgia and it works well. Haven't tackled mp3 yet.

Reply to
Plan9

I wonder why Toyota continues to include the cassette player installed in it's own separate area? We never use it and perhaps they could have used the space for something a bit more useful. Perhaps I'm wrong on this, but I don't think that cassettes are as popular of a medium any longer as other newer tech stuff.

Reply to
user

We have an XLS too.

You didn't want to buy the Limited the second time out?

DSH

Reply to
D. Spencer Hines

Sounds Delightful...

Premium gas makes that much of a difference?

Interesting...

What do you like best about the Limited you can't get in an XLS?

DSH

Reply to
D. Spencer Hines

I agree.

I understand cassette tapes are still used for some language educational materials and books read to folks. That sort of thing... True?

We live in Hawai'i, on O'ahu and have no need for the GPS Nav, so we were told the cassette player goes there as a "bonus".

Sounds obsolescent.

DSH

Reply to
D. Spencer Hines

HID headlights.

Reply to
Plan9

Longer reach?

How about the perforated leather and heated/cooled seats?

DSH

Reply to
D. Spencer Hines

Was not my choice. It's my wife's car. I like it, it looks fine, and no complaints.

Reply to
user

What do you drive?

DSH