Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2004 Camry air filter housing bolt
I had my oil changed at one of the fast lube places today and they checked my air filter. Once I got home I double checked their work and found the lost the rear bolt on the air filter housing. Does...
3
3

alt 100a fuse
how do you change the alt 100a fuse
2
2

95 Corolla shakes at 50-65mph only when I accelerate...
:!: When I go between 45mph to 65mph my whole car shakes - not just the steering wheel but the whole freakin car. Also, when I brake at the same speeds my steering is a little squirly. I went to the...
4
4

Alloy wheel dent leaks air
Hi there, My aftermarket rear right alloy wheel is dented on the lip and is leaking air. Actually, it's dented in two places - one the visible and one on the non-visible side (viewing from the...
13
13

Gas pedal unresponsive on Rav4
Yesterday while driving my 99 Rav4, the gas pedal became unresponsive and RPM immediately dropped from 3000 RPM to 750 (typical idle status) RPM ... I pulled over and brought the vehicle to a stop and...
22
22

91 Toyota Camry Water leaking in to back carpet and trunk sides, spare wheel well
Hi I have a 91 Camry that after a heavy rain now has a huge amount of water in the trunk - at the sides and in the spare wheel well. Where could this be coming from and why does this not drain? I...
3
3

92 4runner shifts very hard
Ok, I'm reeeeally hoping I can get some good feedback on a problem I'm having w/ my 92 4runner. The problem is that it shifts extremely hard between gears, as if there was nothing to smooth the...
8
8

1988 Supra Rear Hatch Strut replacement
I don't want to screw up anything. Does anyone know how to remove the hatchback Struts?? According to some generic instructions on the replacement struts, it says to remove from the end with the ball...
17
17

95 corolla valve job ??
Hi, I have a 1995 corolla with 113k miles. I don't believe it has had a valve job before. Should I get it done? I really don't know if it's noisy because I recently got it from a family member and...
5
5

O/D OFF Light Flashing
Does anyone know why my 1990 4Runner's overdrive off light would be flashing? Where would I get the error code if there is one? My Haynes manual only talks about the engine light error codes. Thanks.
14
14

Toyota Estima Warning light
Hi On my Estima when I turn the ignition key, the 2nd warning light from the left comes on. This looks to be a lights fault indicator but I can't see any bulbs off (can't check brake lights until wife...
3
3

Toyota Tercel vs. Honda Civic
Original and only owner of a 91 Civic here. I am looking for either a beater Civic or beater Tercel for a friend trying to save on gas. Any comments on the maintenance requirements for, say, a 91...
3
3

Camry LE idling low/rough after I replaced the battery
Hi guys, Just looking for some advice here. Thanks in advance for any input you can provide. I have a 2002 Camry LE with 81K on it. The original battery took a crap on me yesterday, so I took it down...
6
6

Where is the cigarette lighter fuse on celica GT-S 2001
Hi, Where is the cigarette lighter fuse on celica GT-S 2001? I did not see any label from the main fuse box next to the battery. Thank you, Havfun
6
6

92 Corolla shifts too late
Without any other information, either could easily be a problem. There are several other things that could be a problem as well, things that you explored in your posts to the OP.
12
12

00279-1qt5w-01 synthetic?
I just had the local Toyota dealer do the 5k mile service on my prius last night. He said it uses synthetic oil, but I can't find online that 00279-1qt5w-01 is synthetic or not. Where can I look to...
26
26

2004 Toyota Matrix engine rattle
2004 Matrix 5 speed, approx 33K miles. Recently have been getting a rattling which appears to be coming from the engine. Sounds somewhat like bad gas, low octane. Took it to the dealer and they said I...
7
7

Tercel jacking points question
Hello - I have a '96 Tercel DX coupe. I want to do some brake work on the car. I'll work on one wheel at a time. If I use my scissors jack to lift the car, where can I position a jack stand? The...
11
11

why the headlights turn on in the middle of the nigth in toyota corolla 2003
"camber" wrote in message news:65874$54e9587a$41b57997$ Changing a fuse does nothing unless the problem is that the lights do not turn on, ever. If an erlectrical load turns ON, then the fuse is never...
4
4

2006 Highlander...how to remove window glass to adjust track?
Hey... Left rear window popped off track a month ago...fixed it, but window off track again. Posts have addresses removing window and resetting rubber/metal track attached to window regulator. How di...
1
1