Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Getting rid of carbon buildup in engine
Apparently my engine has carbon buildup inside it. The repairer poured a glass of water in the carby while the engine was running to clean some of it out. He said I could do it properly by pouring a...
5
5

93 Corolla 1.8 Valve Seals
My daughter's 93 Corolla 1.8 has about 150,000 and needs valve seals. Anyone know if they can be replaced without pulling the head. Q
4
4

97, 98, 99 Avalon suspension?
::::: Make sure you like the ride. It is more like a Buick then a ::::: Toyota. Quality wise it is more like a Buick too unfortunately ::::: despite what Consumer Report survey says. ::: ::: Check the...
15
15

Toyota Tercel Advice (Cam and Crank Seal Replacement)
I have a 1995 Toyota Tercel and it has about 99000 miles on it. I usually try to keep up with maintenence and when I tried to get an oil change, I was told that there was a leak in my Cam and Crank...
5
5

Camry brake lights problem
On my 1999 Camry, some funny things are going on with my brake lights and turn signals. My rear brake lights do not work at all - my center light works fine. My right turn signal is flashing...
10
10

Oil leak around distributor after O-ring replacement
89 Cressida 7MGE engine. Was puking oil out around the distributor base. The old O-ring was flattened and brittle. Replaced with a Toyota OEM O-ring. Still getting leakage. Any suggestions?
11
11

Engine oil spill on alternator causing rapid battery drain?
Hi guys, I accidentally spilled a substantial qty of engine oil on and around the alternator of my '92 Corolla - and now the battery has started draining rapidly (0.30 amps with the engine shut off)....
3
3

Sienna brake job?
Hi all: My wife recently took our 08 Sienna with about 35,000 miles to the dealership for an oil change and they told her the front disk brake pads were worn to the point that replacement was needed....
5
5

Toyota Corolla hiccups 65mph?
My 1996 Corolla has been doing this weird thing. When I am accelerating and hit the 65mph mark. THe car does a sudden jolt or hiccup like thing. Strangely it only happens between 60 and 70 mph. It...
8
8

Hilux Surf ECT weird problem
I have a 1992 - 2.4L turbo diesel surf with ECU,the problem that 'I had' was that my transmission locked into 4WD mode with manual Tbar shift only working in both gear modes.I removed the 89530 35250...
1
1

4 cyl 3rz-fe valve burning issue...??
I have a 97 4runner 4cyl with a 3rz-fe engine. I have heard from many people that this engine burns a lot of valve. A mechanic recently told me that the valve becomes tight over time on cylinder...
8
8

Corolla Rough Idle After Timing Belt Change
Ok here it goes, I have a 1993 Toyota Corolla, 1.8 L, 4 cyl engine. It has 201,000 miles. The transmission is automatic. This weekend I decided to give the car its over due timing belt. Everything...
6
6

95 corolla a/c button flashes 1.6L
The a/c quit working on my corolla, when I push the a/c button on, it flashes for just a second then goes off. The compressor and fans don't come on. I tested the fans and compressor and they work...
13
13

How to remove exhaust pipe from my Sienna?
I want to install a trailer hitch on my 7-passenger 2005 Sienna. Bolting on the hitch is easy except that I have to temporarily move the exhaust pipe to do so. The exhaust pipe and the muffler are...
6
6

Previa front sunroof leaking
I have a 3 year old previa with a leak from the front sunroof (the one which just hinges open a couple of inches) I suspect that the sunroof drain holes may be blocked. But as the sunroof panel is...
3
3

previa speedometer
My 95 Previa speedometer stopped working and my overdrive light started flashing. I presume the latter is only indicating the former, but dont know for sure. Could this be something serious brewing?...
27
27

Sienna 04, License plate light change?
How do I get to the 2 lights bulbs, for the License plate lights, on the 2004 Sienna so I can change them? There's an access panel but way to low and I can't get my hand up there. I don't see anyway...
3
3

Bouncing Fuel Gauge Needle - 02 Tacoma
2002 Tacoma. Fuel gauge needle bounces around when the truck's in motion. At rest, it's as accurate as it was before the problem began. Is the sender at fault, or is there some sort of buffer circuit...
7
7

What does an igniter on an '89 Toyota do?
Have an '89 Toyota Cressida 7MGE engine, the coil mounts on to an igniter. What's the purpose of an igniter, why is it needed when my '66 Ford runs just dandy with just a coil. Thanks.
41
41

1993 Toyota Camry key stuck in ignition
problem 1: My key will stay stuck in my ignition, unless I pull out the accessories fuse out. I know that pulling the fuse out to be able to release the key out of the igition is a huge clue in...